Monday 22 July 2013

I Don't Think Janis Joplin Was A Suicide

...Title says it all. I don't. I've been reading about Janis and the state she was in before her death lately, and the more I read, the more I feel that it wasn't suicide. It may have been an accidental overdose, or it may have been foul play... I have a strong feeling it was foul play.
Janis Joplin wasn't always a very happy person, buy everybody who was around her in the time shortly before she passed away said they had never seen her happier. She was working on Pearl and planning on getting married. It was believed that she was really picking herself up and moving along after the demise of Big Brother and the Holding Company.
That makes it seem to me that she herself didn't want to do herself in; the circumstances under which her body was found also suggest foul play. She had track marks up her arm, a bloody broken nose, and her body was found in her hotel room wedged in between the bed and nightstand. It's possible she OD'd, fell down, broke her nose and was stuck there. It's a long shot though. I can't help but feel that somebody else was involved, something else happened which the world may never know about... But until more concrete evidence is found, we can only speculate that it was an overdose.

No comments:

Post a Comment