Monday 13 May 2013

Steven Tyler's Autobiography, "Is The Noise In My Head Bothering You?" Reviewed

     Aerosmith is one of the best rock bands who have ever lived, and considering who's in the band, it's no surprise- Joey Kramer, Brad Whitford, Tom Hamilton, and, of course, Joe Perry and Steve Tyler. They put out some highly original high energy rock music and unlike most band, even their new albums are still being enjoyed by the fans.
     Recently I picked up a copy of Steve Tyler's autobiography, Does The Noise In My Head Bother You. I was sure it would be an interesting read, and fairly enjoyable- I've always enjoyed the way Tyler spoke and write lyrics. He certainly is a most fascinating character, and so, excited, I picked up the book and began to read. I had a bit of a headache after trying to read the first page.
     It's not that what Steven was saying was wrong. I liked the points he was making and the things he was saying. The photos were good too. But the way he was saying them, his writing style, was absolutely unreadable. After five pages, I really couldn't take anymore and for my own sanity's sake, I was forced to put the book down. On several other occasions, I tried reading it, but I could never make it more than half a dozen pages. I was quite disappointed really, cause I love Steven Tyler so much and his book should have been the best thing in the world. I'm really not sure why it wasn't... I am going to.continue trying to read it, of course. For Steven's sake, I have to. And maybe, hopefully, I'll get used to it and enjoy it. If not, I'll just be content to read his Wikipedia page, again and again and again...

No comments:

Post a Comment